Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rest BRD Rest BRD

I haven't stopped playing Bigfncow, I'm just trying to get his rested level up a bit.  It's much more gratifying when you see those xp bars turn blue rather than wait and wait for them to turn purple.  (For me, rested XP is shown as blue on my bar, unrested is purple.  I'm not sure if that's universal).

That became abundantly clear as I was finishing up in Sunken Temple.  I did get my trinket from there and that's been it.  Of course that last run was the smoothest because I finally know what I'm doing there.  Ah, the irony.

I have been in Blackrock Depths three times so far.  For LFG purposes, it's broken into three sections.  I've only run the first (lowest) section but we've always gone on to do more content.  Like Mauradon, the first section of BRD is only for one boss - High Inquisator Gerstahn.  Unlike Maruadon, she's very easy to get to - simply take the second hallway on the right.  I think you can take the first hallway on the right as well - they may just loop back on one another, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, after killing her, we've just wandered around killing and following any tidbits of information the group may have from past runs.  Lots of "I think that guy is this way" (he rarely was) or "the bar should just be around the corner" (it was always on the other side of the dungeon).

Anyway, I've gotten my key and while I haven't gotten to the Grim Guzzler yer, nor killed Emperor Thaurssian yet, I've had lots of fun.  Plus, there is simply tons of XP to be had here.  More mobs than I can count - gathered nicely in decent sized packs that are far enough apart that they don't all aggro.  You can spend as much time as you want in this place and just level up time and again.  One group I was in had everyone ding.

I've always liked BRD and I'm really enjoying my time there.  Now, if only I could get rested so I can move up faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment