Thursday, February 4, 2010

Boomkins FTW!

I haven't been working on Bigfncow much lately.  He did ding 40, which was very nice and I have my fast mount now which is even better.  I'll get back to leveling him (and using vigilance!) this weekend.

I've been using my time to get the 4-piece T9 bomkin set for Nozekrusher.  Huh?  Why do that?  I'm much more popular (and comfortable) either healing or tanking? Well, that's all basically true.  But we have a dearth of ranged DPS in my guild and that's causing us to get stuck on Lady Deathwhisper.  And while we don't have an exact surplus of healers, I'll be able to swap out for that fight at least.

So I ground out heroic after heroic until I got my pieces, bought the 245 bracelet and took the rest from my healing kit.

....and realized that I had no idol and no trinkets.

Still though, I was hit capped (264) and soft haste capped (420 or so) and a nice crit of around 25%

Just to get my feet wet, I ran some non-heroics with our GM and another officer (our GM is dusting off her druid tank and the officer is just 77 on an alt).  And all I can say is wow.  Just...wow.  After running two regulars, I queued up for a heroic and got VH and topped the charts.  It was a BLAST!  How did I not know that DPSing was so much fun?

And then this morning?  Me and my tanking brewfest trinket and the blue dragon (I love that trinket) got sent to Halls of Reflection.  Then Forge of Souls.  And I more than held my own, if I do say so myself.  Folks really appreciate a druid decursing and abolishing poison all over the place too.  No drops from those places, though I did get the Spark of Life in HoS and I actually went back and picked up the Badge of Justice Idol and trinket.  Not OP, but better than nothing.

Anyway, I'm very very happy with my boomkinness and I hope I get to use it soon and often!

No comments:

Post a Comment