Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Good Times in Scarlet Monastery

I had some fun last night in SM.  Fun because firstly, it's not Gnomer.  Second, I had two guildies with me.  The first was our GM Winnie who is leveling a mage.  She levels her toons very very fast.  When I last saw her mage, she was in the early 20s when I logged on last night, she was 30.  I wanted to run a few with her before she blew past my warrior a left him eating dust.  So we queued up and got the Graveyard.  I don't mind GY, necessarily, it's a quick, easy run but it's almost too quick, if you know what I mean.  Sure, we get more loot sacks here, but I don't need another set of gloves or another damn caster neckpiece (seriouisly, SP and Int on 3 straight bags, nary a +crit or +str to be seen).  I want XP and GY tends to just whet my appetite.

Anyway, halfway through our first run, Bullwark our main tank wants to join us on his rogue.  Great, I say, welcome aboard and be prepared to have your brain picked.  So he switches over and since he's 34, and Winnie's mage is 30, we can't do a random together.  So I sign us up for SM Library which is on all of our screens.  While we're waiting I bombard poor Bull with question after question, do tanks use slam (no, use heroic strike instead) what about rend (no) when do we become not rage starved (when we get hit more) so then what is my priority of rage use (thunderclap first, then cleave spam and refreshing TC if AOE threat is needed) what about sunder (use it if you're losing threat, but 1-2 stacks should be sufficient).  And on and on.  I think I made his ears bleed.

We made two runs through SM Library that came off without a hitch and each of us dinging (well Winnie dinged when she turned in a quest after the second run). 

But..the one drawback to SM?  At least so far in my 5-6 GY and 2 Library runs?  Lots of caster gear, not so much for tanking/melee folks :(

No comments:

Post a Comment